PRS Artist Series Electric Guitar #244
PRS Artist Series #244 Electric Guitar (used, 1992)
This near mint PRS guitar is an ARTIST SERIES: (1991 -1993). Replaced Signature Series, Inlaid headstock logo on rosewood headstock overlay, exceptional woods including artist grade maple top, abalone bird inlays, special thin finish, Volume and tone control with 5 way rotary, Artist Series pickups.
- According to the previous owner, this fine guitar appeared on the cover of the PRS Catalogue for some time. A copy of that catalogue, signed by Paul Reed Smith is included with this purchase, and pictured below.
- Some other features are:
- Back angled, 3 on-a-side non-veneered headstock
- One piece mahogany neck
- 25" Scale length, 24-fret
- Wide-Fat Artist Series neck
- 10" radiused rosewood fretboard (this one appears to be Brazilian rosewood) with Mother-of-pearl/Abalone Bird inlays
- One piece mahogany body or back
- Double cutaway (ergonomic treatment of the treble side cutaway)
- PRS patented Tremelo system, Schaller/PRS locking tuning machines & low friction nut
- Lastly a gorgeous, exceptionally figured Maple top (amber)
- OHSC included
- SN: 214146
Here's how PRS describes the ARTIST SERIES Guitars:
"Occasionally a mahogany board comes into our shop that is extra dense and resonant. Sometimes the figuire and curl in a particular block of curly maple is absolutley exceptional. These rare pieces become the Artsit Series. My favorite stains...violin glues...Abalone inlays...vintage tones...Our Very Best."