Collings 290 Electric Guitar (DogHair Finish)
Please Call to Inquire
Custom Collings 290 Electric Guitar (2007)
Named for the scenic 290 highway that winds past the Collings shop though the Texas Hill Country, the 290 is a modern day tribute to the original working man's rock'n roll guitar. A solid mahogany body and neck are complimented by two Lollar Soap Bar P90 pickups for a tone that shows off the amazing
- Select solid mahogany body and neck
- Doghair finish
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Perloid peghead overlay with etched Collings logo
- Perloid pickguard
- East Indian rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Grained ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black pickup covers and black top hat knobs
- Dual Lollar soapbar P90 pickups
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon tone capacitors
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Tonepros Nashville tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece
- Nickel Sperzel tuners with ivoroid buttons
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Collings deluxe hardshell case
- Excellent condition with a few long finish checks on the body that are difficult to discern with this finish
- Body Length: 17"
- Body Depth at Side: 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 13 1/2"
- Total Length: 38 1/2"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
First 3 samples have NO effects~