Hewett D Brazilian Rosewood Guitar (used, 2006)
- This is the One, folks. Actual, old growth Brazilian Rosewood back and sides with green, orange, black, gold, cinnamon, brown; just all the RIGHT colors you want to see in the best grade Brazilian.
- The top is a 100 year old German spruce.
- Handsome snakewood bindings on the body & fretboard.
- Fossilized ivory nut & saddle.
- Fossilized Ivory bridge pins
- The top has a cool, arrow marquetry surrounding it.
- Attractive Brazilian rosewood fingerboard and the bridge, rosette, truss rod cover & heel cap are Brazilian as well.
- The rosette has Abalone inner & outer rings, very tasteful.
- Abalone back center strip, as well.
- The fingerboard has purfling lines outlining it, a nice touch.
- Book matched Brazilian rosewood headstock faceplate.
- Chrome Gotoh Delta series tuning machines with ebonoid buttons.
- Oh yeah, Jim made the pick guard out of Brazilian rosewood too!
- The back & sides are flitch cut with the flame matching and the pick guard and headstock faceplate are matching pieces.
- I have to tell you, we've never heard another guitar that sounds like a Hewett. Somehow they sound huge, but with an unexpected clarity. No muddiness here, and the bass is as big as you can imagine.
- OHSC included
- SN: 0100682
Condition: Used, Excellent
Frets to Body: 14
Scale Length: 25 21/32"
Nut Width: 1 3/4"
Case: Original Hard