MacCubbin OSC Guitar
MacCubbin OM Cutaway (2012)
- Madagascar Rosewood back and sides
- Adirondack Spruce top-with bearclaw figure
- Honduran Mahogany neck
- Cutaway Orchestra Series body style (small jumbo)
- Softened Venetian Ebony cutaway
- Ebony armrest bevel
- Ebony bindings
- Side sound port
- Unique 'bubble' rosette with Rosewood, Padauk, and Cherry discs
- Black/white purfling lines top, back, and sides
- Madagascar Rosewood headstock faceplate with black/white accents and inlayed pearl logo
- Unique 'bubble' end graft with Ebony, Padauk, and Cherry discs
- Gold Waverly tuning machines with ebony knobs
- Ebony headstock backplate
- MOP fretboard dots, top and side
- Ebony bridge pins with MOP dots
- Bone nut and saddle
- Gloss UV finish
- K&K pure mini pickup with natural look, ebony vintage pin
- Custom Cedar Creek case
Guitar OSC-005 is an Orchestra Series body style guitar, with a Venetian cutaway. This guitar was built in 2012 for exhibition at the 2012 Montreal Guitar Show, with a number of special features. The cutaway has been 'softened', and an integral armrest bevel has been included for more comfortable playing. David designed the rosette and end graft as a series of inlayed and over-layed discs, using several species of wood, giving the impression of random, multi-colored bubbles. The combination of Madagascar Rosewood and Adirondack Spruce provide a rich, full tone that is well balanced across the spectrum from low to high, and with excellent sustain.
- Condition: Used, Near Mint
- Frets to Body: 14
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Nut width: 1 3/4"
- String spacing at bridge: 2 1/4"
- Lower bout: 16"
- Depth at tail: 4 1/4"
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Bevel: Top & cutaway