Martin 000-ECHF Bellezza Bianca Guitar
Martin 000-ECHF Bellezza Bianca Guitar Ltd Ed (2006)
Martin 000-ECHF Bellezza Bianca Guitar Story:
In the summer of 2004, C. F. Martin introduced the Bellezza Nera, a spectacular black 000 guitar with silver accents collaboratively designed by British guitar legend Eric Clapton and Japanese fashion and music trendsetter Hiroshi Fujiwara. It proved to be a huge hit: a total of 476 of these visually and sonically inspired guitars were produced, among the most popular limited editions in Martin history.
In the beginning of 2006 Clapton and Fujiwara finished work on their next guitar collaboration for Martin; a sister instrument to the Bellezza Nera, but in creamy white, with a touch of black and pearl for dramatic effect. As beautiful as its predecessor in appearance and tone, this stunning 000 guitar could only be called Bellezza Bianca ("White Beauty"). For a summer 2006 launch at the 2006 NAMM Show.
Martin 000-ECHF Bellezza Bianca Guitar at a Glance:
· Bookmatched spruce top, big leaf maple back and sides
· Polished Gloss White finish
· Bound and polished ebony headplate and snowflake position markers
· Bone nut and compensated bone saddle
· White case and special signed label
Bookmatched spruce top, big leaf maple back and sides
The twosome opted for a unique combination of solid tonewoods to give the new model a sound as distinctive as its look. The Bellezza Bianca features a top crafted from bookmatched Engelmann spruce, treasured by players and guitar builders alike for its clear, full tone and outstanding balance. Scalloped 5/16" top braces enhance the top's dynamic range. Big leaf flamed maple back and sides contribute bright timbre and impressive projection. The 1-3/4" (at the nut) modified V-shape neck with diamond volute is carved from genuine mahogany.
Polished Gloss White finish
Polished gloss white finish on the body and neck provide the perfect "canvas" for Bellezza Bianca's striking appointments. The distinctive rosette of "slotted diamonds" inlaid on a black background first seen on Bellezza Nera looks even better on Bellezza Bianca. Fine pattern herringbone purfling encircles the top and divides the back. Cream colored grained ivoroid binding trims the top, back and side edges, with fine black/white/black line purfling accenting the back and sides. The grained ivoroid endpiece is likewise accented with black/white/black inlay. A beveled and polished black pickguard continues the black and white theme.
Bound and polished ebony headplate and snowflake position markers
Like the Bellezza Nera, Bellezza Bianca's bound and polished black African ebony headplate showcases the "alternative torch" inlay - a design created for one of the first Martin 00-45s in 1902 - in vibrant abalone pearl and special sterling silver-plated mini tuners with sterling silver-plated buttons. The bound black African ebony fingerboard, highlighted by mitered black/white line inlay, bears Martin Style 45 snowflake position markers from the 1st to the 17th fret, and "Bellezza Bianca" in script between the 19th and 20th frets.
Bone nut and compensated bone saddle
To assure superb tone, Bellezza Bianca is fitted with a bone nut and compensated bone saddle. Carved from black African ebony, the belly bridge comes equipped with black ebony bridge pins inlaid with abalone pearl dots; a matching pearl inlaid ebony endpin is also included.
White case and special signed label
Fitting for such a unique white guitar, each Bellezza Bianca is delivered in a distinctive white Geib style case with white plush lining and features a special white interior label signed by Eric Clapton, Hiroshi Fujiwara, Martin Artist Relations head Dick Boak and Martin Chairman C. F. Martin IV.
Martin 000-ECHF Bellezza Bianca Guitar Features:
· MODEL - 000-ECHF Bellezza Bianca
· CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
· BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
· TOP: Solid Engelmann Spruce
· ROSETTE: Custom Design w/ White Fiber Inlay Borders on Both Rings
· TOP BRACING PATTERN: 000 14-Fret
· TOP BRACES: Scalloped 5/16''
· BACK MATERIAL: Solid Pacific Big Leaf Flame Maple
· BACK PURFLING: Fine Herringbone w/ 18 Style Black and White Fiber Strip
· SIDE MATERIAL: Solid Pacific Big Leaf Flame Maple
· ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
· ENDPIECE INLAY: B/W/B/W Pattern
· BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
· TOP INLAY STYLE: Fine Herringbone
· SIDE INLAY: B/W/B/W Boltaron®
· BACK INLAY: Multiple B/W Pattern
· NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
· NECK SHAPE: Modified V
· NUT MATERIAL: Bone
· HEADSTOCK: Solid/Diamond/Tapered
· HEADPLATE: Solid Black Ebony /Alternate Torch Pattern - Select Pearl
· HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid w ith B/W/B/W Inlay
· FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
· SCALE LENGTH: 24.9"
· # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
· # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
· FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
· FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/4''
· FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Black Boltaron®
· FINGERBOARD BINDING: Grained Ivoroid/Mitered
· FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
· FINISH TOP: White Polished Gloss
· FINISH NECK: White Polished Gloss
· BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
· BRIDGE STYLE: Standard Belly
· BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/4''
· SADDLE: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
· TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Silver Plated
· This Guitar is #82 of 410 made
· BRIDGE & END PINS: Ebony w/ Abalone Pearl Dots
· PICKGUARD: Black
· CASE: 533EW Hard Shell
· INTERIOR LABEL: Special White Label Signed By CFM IV, Eric Clapton, Hiroshi Fujiwara, and Dick Boak