Tom Sands OM Guitar
Please Call to Inquire
Tom Sands OM Cutaway Guitar (New)-SOLD
- Old growth Indian Rosewood back & sides - it bears mentioning, that future guitars from Tom Sands (England), will probably Not be in the rosewood family, due to the new CITES Laws. This is a rare opportunity for the discerning buyer.
- Engelmann spruce top
- Honduran Mahogany neck
- Gaboon Ebony fretboard with purfling lines
- Gaboon Ebony headstock faceplate
- Beautiful, Handmade Japanese ‘washi’ paper headstock inlay (coated with shellac to seal and protect)
- Handmade Robson tuning machines from England in brass with Ebony buttons
- Signature, dyed Red Maple headstock backplate
- Laminated, compensated Bone nut with artistic Red line
- Gaboon Ebony, carved bridge
- Gaboon Ebony bridge pins/MOP dots
- Bone Saddle
- Gaboon Ebony bindings & endgraft
- Handmade Japanese ‘washi’ paper rosette (coated with shellac to seal and protect)
- Doubled, or laminated sides
- Clear pickguard
- The entire instrument is finished with FRENCH POLISH
- Custom fit, Hoffee flight case with double headstock ramps
- As you may know, Tom Sands is Ervin Somogyi's latest apprentice. He has just returned home to the UK and set up his workshop in Yorkshire. We are very fortunate that this guitar did not go with him!
- The tone just springs off the strings and out of the box. It is super fine and extremely resonant.
On Sale Now for $6800!
- Condition: New
- Frets to body: 14
- Scale Length: 25"
- Nut Width: 1 23/32"
- Nut String spacing: 1 7/16"
- Saddle String Spacing: 2 1/4"